Friday, February 20, 2015

Reviving Your Hobby Reviving Yourself

Recently postcrossing had been rusty for me. I had 14 postcards which had already been expired. 13 out 14 though I requested addresses I couldn't send the cards. Actually my postcard collection to be written had been almost dried up and on 4th February 2014 I was on a holiday.  Luckily after a long quest I could find a bookshop with postcards and bought all the cards that the shop had. In Sri Lanka easiest place you could find postcards is a bookshop. But 19 out of 20 you would not be able to find postcards. When I first asked whether they have postcards they were not sure and finally one said that they have picture postcards. Anyway they could not find the cards at once but when found and after a brief look I ordered all the postcards. Owner seems to be surprised and asked why I need all the postcards. I tried to explain to him about postcrossing but he seems to be not so interested and as there was queue to the cashier as well. I thought of sending those bought cards to the intended receivers of expired cards and then wrote all the cards with the hope that I would be able request 21 addresses more. But when I click the send a postcard tab message is
"Currently, your account has 14 expired postcards...
Before you can request more addresses, you need to send postcards to all the addresses you already have. Those members are waiting for your postcards".

I honestly believe that is a good step by poscrossing to discourage expired cards and to promote genuine postcrossers ( May be it was already in place, but I was unaware about it). Last week had been awesome, since the Cricket World Cup had started though we lost the opening game against New Zealand a co-host of this time world cup. Though I sent many postcards and since the gap between  my sent and received was high I didn't receive postcard. At the moment my sent cards stands at 635 and received and 641 and I'm hopeful that I will received a card at the end of this month or the beginning of next month as the gap had been narrowed. Out of 13 I've sent I will attach a photo here that I've sent to two poscrossers. That's Galle Fort a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Galle Fort – Galle Fort in the bay of Galle on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka was first built in 1588 by the Portuguese, and then fortified by the Dutch during the 17th Century.  It is historical, archaeological and architectural heritage moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children at War Kim, Napalam girl, Horror-stricken Unable of bearing Ongoing sufferings, Fled from destruction In Vietnam ...