Saturday, February 21, 2015

Be Good To Be Praised

I thought of starting a blog with initial objective of sharing some of my poems. Somehow it didn't happen and thought of blogging again. This poem was written about 7 years back. I sent the poem to Vibes Vessel of Sunday Observer. One day I thought of googling my name to find out to see what third party will find by searching my name. Strangely I saw the poem that was published on 8th June 2008.


Be good to be praised

Some are praised
Due to their good conduct
Although some have to earn.
And others will praise you
If you possess a good reputation
But they will insult you
If your conduct is not so good
But you can be praised
By spending your wealth
You have to earn good
And bury bad to be praised
But remember to do the right thing
Regardless of praise

Dinesh Kahatapitiya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children at War Kim, Napalam girl, Horror-stricken Unable of bearing Ongoing sufferings, Fled from destruction In Vietnam ...